Phillip D. Reid MD will discuss what patients should know about new immunotherapy treatments for common cancers.
Immunotherapy uses your body’s own immune system to fight cancer. It enables the immune system to recognize, target and eliminate cancer cells wherever they are in the body.
Issues to be addressed include:
• What is cancer immunotherapy?
• How does immunotherapy work in your body?
• How is immunotherapy different from other treatments?
• What side effects might be experienced while on immunotherapy?
• What types of cancers can immunotherapy treat?
• Can immunotherapy be used together with other treatments, like
chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, targeted therapy and another
Registration is requested. Please register by calling 732-390-7750
Location: East Brunswick Public Library – 2 Jean Walling Civic Center, East Brunswick, NJ 08816.
Audience: Adults, Seniors
Link to event page: https://www.ebpl.org/main/polCalendarEvent.cfm?Event_Id=82433